Try 2!

Second try at the candles (see previous post for the first) - and yes this one was after I realized I could make inexpensive decor for the wedding from these.

Not as successful.

Not as successful with this one - it'll still pass muster at a quick glance, but on the previous one the musical notes helped hide the tissue paper and there was much less image here. I also printed out the plum branch and our names (not shown) on one piece of tissue paper so as to space them evenly on opposite sides. The expanse of non-printed tissue is a bit obvious if you look at it, and you may be able to see on the lower right of the candle the end of the tissue paper that I just could not get to saturate with wax. I also managed to put too much heat on some area, I think, so the wax is looking a bit blobby.

I was going to try to hold the paper on with wax paper while I heated it, as some bloggers do, but discovered we had none. I think this will work much better if I (a) use the wax paper and (b) put on my big girl panties and stop worrying about getting the placement exactly right and just put on each image separately so I can cut the tissue paper as close to the graphic as possible.

The printer ink also ran a tiny bit, but the barely-perceptible berry-colored halo it gave the flowers and our names works, IMO, so I'm not going to worry about it.

You can comment here or at the Dreamwidth crosspost. comment count unavailable comments at Dreamwidth.
Tags: crafty crafty
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded